This one-day Intensive Workshop provides Best Practices and innovative tips to assist you increase your referral inquiry to admission conversion rate. Whether by Fax, phone, text or email…regardless of how the patient referral comes into your office, the next steps that you take define the success of your organization.
How do you handle that referral? Do you truly understand, in a measurable and quantifiable way, how well your intake, pending and admission processes are working? Do you appropriately utilize all of your agencies resources in the pursuit of helping that patient and family access hospice? What are the most common pitfalls in the referral, eligibility, pending admission and admission processes? How do you track, trend and use performance improvement processes to ensure that your eligibility determination process is unbiased?
Given that most hospices fall prey to these common mistakes, these pitfalls impede your growth and shorten your length of stay. Your intake, inquiry/referral to admission process is crucial to the success of your hospice. Having the correct answers to these questions will enable you to be confident in your processes and Hospice Advisors will give you the tools you need to measure your program’s success and ensure that your agency is not leaving any eligible patients and families behind.
Program Objectives & Highlights:
- Before you arrive, you will have the option to share some basic agency data with Hospice Advisors, so we can analyze for pitfalls. You will also apply your data throughout our admission logistics intensive. This makes our time together highly productive and sends you home with real tools and solutions for your agency.
- Learn the “Right Questions” to ask to ensure that your initial patient evaluation is global and not totally focused on a “knee jerk” decision on terminality and/or diagnosis.
- Be able to diagnose and understand the risk of “single point of failure” and unchecked group think processes that almost all hospices make throughout the referral to admission process.
- Establish a team of strong and active medical directors…sorry, but hospice does not belong just to nurses.
- Identify crucial metrics and learn how to create dashboards that truly inform, drive meaningful and insightful data for action, and help you reach your census growth goals.
- Incorporate into your own process the steps required to not delay an admission.
- Progressive Care Programs: explore this new phenomenon and define your perspective. Every hospice regardless of size and finances should be working with these complex patients.
- Optimize the use of your integrated clinical and operational resources related to referral, pending and admissions.
- Refine how you work, track and measure your pending patient list in a way that exacts the same level of detail as your plan of care – learn the team method, not the single person process.
Our Hospice Advisors Methodology
Hospice Advisors Intensives are grounded in the following driving concepts and guiding principles:
- We believe that all members of the organization must understand process and the inherent pitfalls
- We believe that successful businesses are driven by measurable outcomes and data: therefore, you need the “right” metrics that will tell the story, cut through assumptions and clarify what is really going on.
- We offer comprehensive process maps, procedures, protocols, sample forms & tools that will help you achieve desired outcomes. We not only provide all of these tools, but we empower, you to use them and they can be customized to meet your needs. No extra fees or up-selling here! Learning is about more than just a lecture…you will walk out the door with the tools you need to change your program immediately.
- We assert that everyone must have a clear understanding of their role and their responsibilities to execute effectively. Comprehensive job descriptions and structural diagrams provided.
- We believe in the power of a story – we use real life examples and personal experience to help train and create commonality – insert your stories here too!
- We will help you create actionable plan(s) today.
- Our content and our methodology easily applies to hospices of all shapes and sizes.
Thursday November 14th, 2019 8:30am – 4:30pm
Founders Hall at Charles Towne Landing
1500 Old Towne Road
Charleston, SC 29407
Charles Towne Landing is a state park open year round to the public. Note that there is ample complimentary parking in the lot adjacent to Founders Hall.
Who should attend
President, CEO, Executive Director, COO, Hospice Leadership, Clinical Leadership, Active and Engaged or want to be Medical Directors, Quality, Compliance and Education, VP/Directors of Marketing, Manger/Director of Admissions and/or Intake and anyone who has an interest in the focus areas above.
Pricing for the one-day Intensive is:
- Regular registration: $425 (earlier-bird discounts available)
- Three or more registrations from the same organization: $350.00/person
- Continental breakfast, coffee, beverages and lunch provided.
For more information, call Kurt at 734.658.6162