At an HCAOA meeting in Chicago this past August, 2014, Home Care Leadership were predicting that is 5 years 25% of the Home Care Companies today, would be out of business. WOW!!! They sighted four main reasons in their prediction.
- The formation of ACOs that will align relationships with referral sources and create strong partnerships.
- The continued evolution of managed care. What is new there?
- Home Care companies that have sub-par performing operations and metrics.
- Increasing competition!
Where does your organization stand in these four areas? Hospice Advisors is an authority in helping Home Care Companies improve their service delivery abilities, increase market share and serve more people and strengthen profitability.
The reason we are successful in working with home care companies is simple. Kurt Kazanowski has 16 years of executive level experience in the Mercy/Trinity and 16 years in Home Care and Hospice. A nice blend of experiences! Further, we have successfully helped many Health Systems and Hospital strengthen their relationships with home care companies.
The tool kit we bring to an organization to achieve these outcomes is as follows.
- Coaching and Consulting to help develop and install service delivery and growth strategies. We customized an approach around Seven Pillars of Growth starting with how to create a culture of growth.
Training and Education to help build skill sets, competencies and build business development and sale staff “muscle”
- Strategic planning which employs a Hoshine method of planning and which is new to health care. This process helps establish a clear plan for deployment around ACO and managed care strategies.
- Program Development such as Palliative Care and specialty program development for Oncology care which is a growing market.
- Merger and Acquisitions as some home care companies are looking to expand their service presents
- Exit Strategies. If the plan is to exit, Hospice Advisors can assist with a smooth transition.
- Leadership education and facilitation as a method to engage your leadership and management and better understand the challenges facing home care organizations and create a common mental model for the organization.